1. Urban Fantasy is a hot category, and this one has lots of undead action plus a generous dose of humor and will appeal to readers of Mercedes Lackey, Terry Pratchett, and Piers Anthony.
2. New cover design for the mass market edition.
3. The previous novel in this series, Dead on My Feet, has an 80% sell through from 09/05 to date in mass market.
4. One Foot in the Grave , to which Habeas Corpses is a sequel, was strongly praised by the British Fantasy Association Newsletter ("One of the best novels in years... you've got to read this, it's a hoot!") and Dragon ("Simmons rarely let the pace drop below a brisk gallop.")
5. Advertising in Locus and more
What do you get when you mix a squid-headed Ancient One, a mystical force-five hurricane, Rasputin's privates, the city of New Orleans, and an undead Captain Nemo? Christopher Cs#65533;jthe, the reluctant hero stuck halfway between being undead and alive, is back, and is going to find out, whether he wants to or not.
But now he's in for an underwater Mardi Gras of epic proportions complete with an army of drowned vampire zombies. Not to mention a Lovecraftian take on Gidget and The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Many brave hearts are asleep in the deep, and Christopher may be about to join them. . . .