Family Guide New York CityBook - 2012-
A family-focused guidebook to New York City for traveling with children ages 4 to 12.
DK Eyewitness Travel: Family Guide New York City gives parents with children ages 4 to 12 the specific, family-friendly information they need to plan a vacation to a city with an abundance of history, outstanding museums, unrivaled theater, and beautiful parks. Go treasure hunting at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, ice-skating in Central Park, and explore can't-miss sights such as the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.
What's inside:* Each major sight is treated as a "hub" destination, around which to plan a day. Plus, DK's custom illustrations and reconstructions of city sights give real cultural insight.
* "Let off steam" suggestions and eating options around each attraction enable the entire family to recharge.
* Maps outline the nearest parks, playgrounds, and public restrooms.
* "Take shelter" sections suggest indoor activities for rainy days.
* Dedicated "Kids' Corner" features include cartoons, quizzes, puzzles, games, and riddles to inform and entertain young travelers.
* Listings provide family-friendly hotels and dining options.
Written by travel experts and parents who understand the need to keep children entertained while enjoying family time together, DK Eyewitness Travel: Family Guide New York City offers child-friendly sleeping and eating options, detailed maps of main sightseeing areas, travel information, budget guidance, age-range suitability, and activities for New York City.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.